True South Basic Economic Development Course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The True South Basic Economic Development Course is designed for community leaders and stakeholders who participate in the process of community economic development.
Typical conference attendees include:
- chamber of commerce, economic, and community development organization professionals;
- elected and appointed officials (recieve 4 CMO credits);
- government agency staff;
- community planners;
- utility personnel;
- business leaders;
- real estate brokers and developers;
- community volunteers and;
- students enrolled in the Masters of Economic Development program.
- Managing an Economic Development Organization
- Ethics in Economic Development
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Workforce Development
- Entrepreneurial and Small Business Development
- Marketing and Attraction
- Strategic Planning
- Real Estate Development
- Economic Development Finance
- Community Development
Participants are required to be present at all classes offered in order to receive credit for the course. Elected officials must attend every session and sign-in to receive CMO credits.
Cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing to the True South Planning Committee. Requests must be received by August 31 to receive full refund less a $25 processing fee. Requests received September 1 or after will not receive a refund. Substitutions are allowed.
For course cancellation assistance, please contact Tasha May at 601-266-5507 or email at email@example.com.
The attire for the True South Basic Economic Development Course is business casual. You may want to bring a light coat or sweater as rooms may get cold.
The course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council. It fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to take the examinations for the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation.